MAKING A DRAWSTRING BAG
Really simple crafty make which can be done in about an hour. Looks really cute and you can use it to store jewellery/trinkets or lavender which can easily be changed for fresh whenever needed.
You will need:
Strong/thick fabric (I used some lovely retro curtains I found in a local shop selling second hand fabric, check ebay and charity shops for similar)
Sewing Machine and thread or needle and thread if hand sewing
1. Measure two rectangles using a ruler, 15cm x 12cm in size.
2. Cut these out.
3. Measure out a square of 7.5cm x 7.5cm and cut out, hem 0.5cm all the way around then sew on to one of the rectangles (whichever one you want to be the front) making sure it is facing outwards and that you do not sew the top up as this will be a pocket.
4. Iron and sew a hem of about 1.5cm on the top edges of your rectangles, make sure the channel is wide enough to fit a ribbon through.
5. Place the two rectangles right side to right side and pin.
6. Sew starting just underneath the top hem on one side and finishing just below the hem on the other side giving about 0.5cm seam allowance.
7. Attach a safety pin to the end of your ribbon and post it through the top hems, tie together. Turn bag right way again.
8. Finished! Sweet, useful little bag done.
Fancy giving it a go? Let me know!